Friday, October 28, 2022

Clown Car adventures with the in-laws and Jasper

We made it to the race location in time to setup our aide tent, talk with some people my husband knew, and then head to the hotel. Due to being a little too early for check in, we visited a nearby park where we could walk Jasper before dropping him at the kennel. He does better with people when he's able to work out his Husky energy. 

Off on another adventure. This time Jasper and my husband are with me as well as my inlaws. For this kind of trip, we have to rent a cartop box for the Subaru to have enough space for 4 adults and a dog. It ends up definitely feeling like a clown car as we all pile out of it. 
We left home after a day of work, and headed south. We are headed to Arizona for the Javelina Jundred. The drive was not easy as the mountain pass we had to traverse on our way to Albuquerque for the night was experiencing heavy snow & icy conditions. Around 1am, we found a hotel in Albuquerque and went to sleep for the night. 
We had to get up early in the morning to make it to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area to pick up my husband's race packet, drop off the dog at a kennel in Scottsdale, check into our hotel near the Mayo hospital, and get dinner. It was a beautiful drive with many places I would have loved to visit. 






It was warm and dry and we didn't last long. So, we made our way to the kennel. Shed a small tear or 2 as we left Jasper at the kennel, and headed back to check in to the hotel  I wandered out to get some food as my stomach was upset and my husband and his family rested. Eventually, they decided on chicken from the grocery store for dinner and did that while I rested. Then, it was time for bed so my husband would be rested for his race. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Train to Backpacking

 Because we were in a 12 bed mixed dorm room in the hostel, we ended up waking up a little earlier than anticipated. Of course, the nap the ...