Saturday, October 29, 2022

Jundred Miles Through Javelina Country?

The Javelina Jundred runs loops through the desert east of Phienix. It is a big party and happens near Halloween. My husband decided to actually dress in costume for it. He dressed as classic Aquaman with the plan for us to keep him wet through the race. There are prizes for best costumes, best crews, and a few other things. So, we did it up. The aide tent was decked out in sea themes, and my in-laws & I were decked out as mermaids/beach people. It was fun as we were tucked into little tent pods with other crews/runners. There were food trucks and beverages and all kinds of fun. Unfortunately, my husband was unable to finishh the race due to horrible plantar fasciitis. I won't lie it was nice not to have to be awake all night, but this was also his first time ever not finishing a race. It was hard to let him do it, but he knew his limit, and I'm proud for him listening to his body 
 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Train to Backpacking

 Because we were in a 12 bed mixed dorm room in the hostel, we ended up waking up a little earlier than anticipated. Of course, the nap the ...