Saturday, October 15, 2022

I guess I'm meeting that old friend after all

The morning started with this tumultuous view of clouds over Lake Michigan. I made it Ludington, MI where I slept in my car in a parking lot near the local beach. The wind was strong throughout the night, and I kept worrying about waking to the cops knocking on my window. At the same time, there were many other cars there as well. So, I felt a little ok. Still, I was up and out early to head for home.









I had tried to reach that funeral home friend I mentioned in another post early in my trip. We talked about meeting up, but he was being noncommittal about it. Well, after seeing my father & my inlaws, I was able to settle on a breakfast meetup. So, I turned back towards the middle of the state, found a hotel in Clare, MI, and stayed the night with plans to meet my friend and his wife for breakfast.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Train to Backpacking

 Because we were in a 12 bed mixed dorm room in the hostel, we ended up waking up a little earlier than anticipated. Of course, the nap the ...