Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Homeward Bound

Day 18: SLC to home (Lakewood, CO), the usual way... I-15 to I-70

I woke up early to have a little time with my friend before she headed off to work. After she left, we started to get ourselves together to head out when my goddaughter was headed off to school for the day. We said our goodbyes and thank you's and pointed the subaru towards home. Because we did not have any breakfast at my friend's house, we stopped for some just south of SLC. It just so happened to be at a McDonald's across from the mill where Ren in Footloose got a job and later the dance was held. Jasper and I took photos, while my husband grabbed some breakfast to calm his hangry. 

From that point, it was just a determined drive to get home and unpacked before it got too late. Once in Colorado, we stopped at a rest stop for my husband to expel the McDonald's breakfast and to stretch our legs a bit. There was a nice trail from the parking lot to the river, which Jasper and I explored while my husband used the facilities. Jasper was very happy to be back among the mountain water where he could gulp it and not worry about the saltiness. I am always amazed with the beauty of all parts of Colorado. Despite having seen the Sierras in California, I still love the Rocky Mountains and their variety of colors and beauty. Colorado really is colorful!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Train to Backpacking

 Because we were in a 12 bed mixed dorm room in the hostel, we ended up waking up a little earlier than anticipated. Of course, the nap the ...